Guide Location: USA » Las Vegas
Guide Type: Self-guided city tour
# of Attractions: 6
Tour Duration: 3 hour(s)
Travel Distance: 6.6 km
Image Courtesy of Flickr and Steve Snodgrass
Las Vegas has some of the most beautiful, famous and outstanding art museums and galleries, to be found anywhere, ready to enchant any person, of any age or taste. Here is a self-guided tour of most popular contemporary art museums and galleries in Las Vegas.
Tour Stops and Attractions
1) Wyland GalleryIn the heart of an American desert, Wyland Gallery displays a unique and original art theme – water. This gallery provides the highest quality fine art and houses the collection of paintings, sculptures and other art forms, all revolving around the theme of ocean and undersea life.
Image Courtesy of Flickr and rrenzoo
2) Bellagio Gallery of Fine ArtThe Bellagio Gallery of Fine Art located at the Bellagio Resort and Casino is no doubt a top attraction of Las Vegas. The art collection is really impressive. It contains paintings and sculptures by some of the most famous artists of the 19th and 20th centuries including some by Van Gogh, Monet and Picasso.
Operation Hours: Monday - Sunday: 10 am - 8 pm
Image Courtesy of Flickr and Smart Destinations
3) Neil Leifer GalleryThe Neil Leifer Gallery at Caesars Palace showcases the works of a celebrated artist of sports photography, Neil Leifer. Throughout his career, Leifer has published hundreds of photos on the covers of prominent magazines, such as Sports Illustrated and Time and People, and received professional recognition, including the most prestigious in photography Lucie Award. Presented here are some of his most recognizable shots featuring Muhammad Ali standing over a defeated Sonny Liston, Secretariat winning the Kentucky Derby, and President John F. Kennedy with Vice President Lyndon B. Johnson after throwing out the first pitch of the 1961 baseball season. All of the pictures are available for sale, plus the ones displayed in the Caesars Palace Poker Room. The Leifer Gallery sits on the casino level of the Augustus Tower at Caesars Palace.
Image Courtesy of Wikimedia and Kateshortforbob
4) Kush Fine Art Las VegasLocated in Ceasars Palace, Kush Fine Art Las Vegas is a very interesting gallery that features the art and work of the Russian-born artist Vladimir Kush. At the gallery you can see and enjoy outstanding paintings, prints, sculptures and books dedicated to the artist. The Gallery is located inside the Caesar’s Palace hotel.
Image Courtesy of Flickr and centralasian
5) Centaur Art GalleriesCentaur Art Galleries hosts some of the largest fine arts exhibitions in the world. The art dates back to the 16th century and continues upto modern times. Displayed here are works of art by some of the most outstanding artists of the modern era such as Renoir, Picasso, Chagall, etc. The Galleries also have an amazing private collection of Dali’s oeuvre that includes freehand drawings, sculptures, etc.
Operation Hours: Monday - Saturday: 10 am - 9 pm; Sunday: 11 am - 7 pm
Image Courtesy of Flickr and rrenzoo
6) The Contemporary Arts CenterThe Contemporary Arts Center (CAC) is by far one of the key venues on the local cultural scene. It is one of the longest standing and prolific centers in the field, and is dedicated to presenting new, high quality, visual, and performing art. The line of works presented here covers a multitude of genres, spanning from sculpture to traditional fine art to multimedia to avant garde. Determined to educate, prepare, and sustain audiences for contemporary art, the CAC sets a stage where artist can get acquainted with best practices, bring new ideas into the public eye, and connect with fellow artists within and beyond their own community.
Image Courtesy of Flickr and skyenicolas
Out of the Ordinary Trips in Nevada