Guide Location: Malaysia » Melaka
Guide Type: Self-guided city tour
# of Attractions: 5
Tour Duration: 1 hour(s)
Travel Distance: 0.7 km
Image Courtesy of Wikimedia and kenhodge13
Melaka is the cultural hub of Malaysia, and here you will find a variety of museums and cultural centers. Informative and fascinating, they attract a number of both local and international visitors. Take this tour to visit the most prominent cultural venues in Melaka!
Tour Stops and Attractions
1) Malaysian Navy ExhibitIn the central neighborhood of Melaka, near the numerous city museums and the port, you will find an interesting exhibition of decommissioned Royal Malaysian Navy paraphernalia, including patrol boats and ships. The Malaysian Navy Exhibit is definitely worth a visit!
Image Courtesy of Flickr and soham_pablo
2) TLDM Museum (Royal Malaysian Navy Museum)Opened in 1994, the Royal Malaysian Navy Museum teaches about the history and importance of the Royal Malaysian Navy. In the museum, you will find photographs of admirals, medals of honor, an explanation of the ranks in the naval command, naval uniforms, weapons, equipment, navigation symbols, and more.
Image Courtesy of Wikimedia and Rémi Kaupp
3) Maritime MuseumThe Maritime Museum is housed in a life-size replica of the Portuguese ship “Flora de La Mar.” Opened in 1994, this fascinating museum is situated along Quayside Road and displays various exhibits, artifacts and documents related to Melaka's maritime history.
Image Courtesy of Wikimedia and Felix Andrews
4) Royal Malaysian Customs MuseumThe Royal Malaysia Customs Museum, or Muzium Kastam Diraja Malaysia, is not to be missed! Situated in the Stadhuys (the central district of Melaka), it has fascinating exhibits related to Royal Malaysian Customs.
Image Courtesy of Flickr and Photo Plod
5) Cheng Ho Cultural MuseumThis cultural venue is dedicated to the prominent Admiral Cheng Ho and has a variety of exhibits related to the life and times of the famous Admiral. Located on Lorong Hang Jebat in the historic part of the city, this museum will transport you back to the 15th century.
Image Courtesy of Flickr and Shioulin Kao
Out of the Ordinary Trips in Malaysia