Guide Location: Peru » Lima
Guide Type: Self-guided city tour
# of Attractions: 9
Tour Duration: 2 hour(s)
Travel Distance: 4.5 km
Image Courtesy of Wikimedia and AgainErick
This self-guided walking tour is included in the iOS app "City Maps and Walks (470+ Cities)" in iTunes and the Android app "Lima Map and Walks" in Google Play.
Miraflores is the most attractive district for tourists in all of Lima. The district offers phenomenal views of the ocean, as well as amazing seashore restaurants, shops, parks, and interesting archaeological sites.
Tour Stops and Attractions
1) Huaca PucllanaHuaca Pucllana is an archaeological site dating circa 200-700 AD, located in the Miraflores district of Lima. The staggering seven platform pyramid is made of adobe (small, handmade bricks, dried in the sun) and clay, and was popularly known as the place for ritual games. The mega structure stands almost 22 meters high, and is divided into two sections: one for ceremonial and the other for administrative use. The ceremonial section contains benches and deep pits that were designated for...
Image Courtesy of Wikimedia and Manuel González Olaechea y Franco
2) Handicraft Gallery at Huaca PucllanaHuaca Pucllana features a handicraft gallery with objects from ancient cultures of Peru. Some of the items in the gallery date back to 400 AD. Aside from the gallery, Huaca Pucllana is a treasure in itself. The archaeological discovery is an ancient pyramid ruin and a must-see while in Lima.
Visiting hours: Wed. to Mon. 9:00 A.M. – 5:00...
Image Courtesy of Wikimedia and Manuel González Olaechea
3) Centro Cultural Ricardo PalmaCentro Cultural Ricardo Palma is another fantastic site for Peruvian art. Located in the Miraflores District, Centro Cultural Ricardo Palma offers art from local talent. Inside the gallery, visitors will admire a pleasant collection of paintings, photography, and contemporary prints.
Opening hours: Monday to Saturday from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.; Sundays from 11:00 a.m. to 10:00...
Image Courtesy of Wikimedia and Dcoetzee
4) Casa Museo Ricardo PalmaFor those interested in the arts and literature of Peru, a visit to the quaint, small town of Miraflores is one of the definite must-dos. Tourists are particularly encouraged to visit the Museo Casa Ricardo Palma, which at one point was the home of famous Peruvian scholar, author, politician and librarian, Ricardo Palma. The early 20th century museum has the look of a 'rancho' and is housed in a one story building with large windows, stucco moldings and high bars made of wrought iron.
Image Courtesy of Wikimedia and Archivo Courret
5) Miraflores Municipal GalleryThe Miraflores Municipal Gallery is also known as the Luis Miro Quesada Garland Hall, as the gallery is located inside this building. The Miraflores Municipal Gallery is a very popular tourist destination. The collection includes both work from local artists, as well as artists from...
Image Courtesy of Flickr and Municipalidad de Miraflores
6) Iglesia de la Virgen MilagrosaThe Church of Virgin Milagrosa is located in Kennedy Park. The building is very well decorated and worth a visit - if nothing less than for its impressive architecture. The Church of Virgin Milagrosa is also the largest church in the district of...
Image Courtesy of Tim Church
7) Park Kennedy Crafts MarketIn the central part of Kennedy Parque, tourists will locate a small craft market known as Park Kennedy Crafts Market. Owners begin to sell local crafts at about 5 p.m and often work as late as 11 p.m. The market is a great destination at night and a perfect area for...
Image Courtesy of Wikimedia and AgainErick
8) Parque del Amor“The eternal happiness in life is to love and be loved”, so is the famous saying by George Sand. If you wish to express love to your sweetheart like you've never done before or to make them feel special, then make your way to Parque del Amor in Miraflores, Lima. This lovers' park is laid out on the cliffs of Chorrillos, creating an illusion of floating over the Pacific Ocean. Environed by walls inscribed with love quotes, it is virtually breathing romance.
You will hardly find...
Image Courtesy of Flickr and GothamNurse
9) Jazz Zone ClubThe Jazz Zone Club offers several different live bands which range from blues to experimental jazz. The club prefers classic king, however contemporary jazz is also a popular genre at the club. The Jazz Zone Club serves outstanding drinks and appetizers, and is one of the few places where you may get the chance to hear an old wooden box-like drum, known as the jam...
Image Courtesy of Wikimedia and ataelw
Private Tour Guides in Lima
Out of the Ordinary Trips in Peru