The Hackesche Höfe is a complex of eight interlinked courtyards. It has shops, residential apartments and offices and is one of the most visited locations in Berlin.
Hackesche Höfe was built by a glass manufacturer named Hans Quiltz in 1901. It was primarily a Jewish locality until the Nazi regime. It had many upscale shops and residences at the time including a cabaret, Jewish girls’ club, a ballroom, a poet’s society and factories. It is regarded as one of the finest examples of... view more