The Burton Memorial Tower is a clock tower located on Central Campus at the University of Michigan. Housing a grand carillon, the tower was built in 1936 as a memorial for University President Marion Leroy Burton. The grand carillon, one of only 23 in the world, is the world’s fourth heaviest, containing 55 bells and weighing a total of 43 tons.
The monument was constructed in 1935 and finished in 1936. It stands at 10 floors. It is located at the University of Michigan campus, and is used... view more